Services For Businesses
The Anne Arundel County Volunteer Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization connecting people and resources through volunteerism to create a vibrant community of service in Anne Arundel County. The Volunteer Center offers "soup to nuts" services to businesses to determine employee volunteer interests via surveys & focus groups, recommendations about setting up Employee Volunteer Programs (EVP’s), attending meetings of employee planning groups, planning recognition for employees, and offering volunteer opportunities, including days of service opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you place a group of my company volunteers in a one day activity?
Yes, the Volunteer Center organizes several "day of service" opportunities throughout the year. You need to fill out a group registration form, and we’ll take it from there.
Do you charge for your services?
We offer free consultations on all of our services and our basic services are at no charge. Many businesses make voluntary, tax-free donations or become Sponsors of the Volunteer Center when we assist them in planning and implementing Special events, like corporate days of service.
What do I need to consider before implementing a corporate volunteer program?
- What is the goal of your program?
- Do you have management support?
- What community needs will you address?
- Where are your employees currently volunteering?
- Why would they want to volunteer?
- Have you connected with your local Volunteer Center for support?
- Have you established a budget for the program?
- How will you track results?
How can our company help the Volunteer Center?
- Allow the Volunteer Center to set up an information booth in your company cafeteria or lobby; use incentives to get employees to visit the booth (chance for a free lunch with the boss, etc).
- Call the Volunteer Center to schedule an information session for employees, showing them how to connect individually with volunteerism in our community.
For more information about how you can join other businesses, such as M&T Bank, Rockwell Collins, Comcast, and many more, as partners of the Volunteer Center, contact Lisa Spallitta at 410-897-9207 or email@example.com.