Youth & Family Volunteers
Youth of all ages and families are able to serve at our projects and/or create their own project. The Anne Arundel County Volunteer Center is committed to youth and family service and provides many fun and meaningful ways to serve.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Step 1: Register
To sign up for projects or express interest to get contact information on opportunities, you must first be registered on this site.
Please note: Volunteers must be a least 14 years old to legally register on this website. Volunteers under 14 years of age may still volunteer but a parent/guardian will have to register to sign up or express interest in projects. Parent/guardian may create a team to include children under 14 on their account.
Step 2: Find Volunteer Opportunities
There is one way to filter volunteer opportunities appropriate for youth.
Or from the Advanced Search Box
- Enter all required information in the top part of the search
- Under Additional Filters, click the + next to "Who Would Like to Serve"
- Then make a selection from the "Age Group" drop-down menu
- Select any other filters you wish to search by
- Click "Refine"
Step 3: Express Interest/Sign Up
Depending upon the type of project you select, you will be given the choice to:
- Express Interest - the community organization will contact you directly with further information about the opportunity and how to sign up. An automated e-mail will also be sent to you, with contact information for the community organization, so that you can follow up with them if you do not get a response.
- Sign Up - you will be automatically signed up for that project and will receive a confirmation e-mail containing all of the information you will need.
Step 4: School Community Service Hours
Whenever you attend a project, we strongly recommend that you get a community organization official to verify the hours you have served at the end of the project. It is often difficult to get verification of hours at a later date.
Please Note: The Volunteer Center for Anne Arundel is not able to verify any hours for projects that are not managed by us.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least three business days in advance to request a verification of hours letter.