The Volunteer Department of Hospice of the Chesapeake is seeking a volunteer who can help with expanding our robust Healing Arts Program, which is filled with complementary therapy departments such as Comfort Touch, Reiki, Massage Therapy, Pet Therapy, Music Therapy, and Aromatherapy. The initial time commitment is four hours/week on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. The tasks are:
* Assist Healing Arts Coordinator in developing new partnerships and recruiting new healing arts practitioners.
* Brainstorm with the Healing Arts Coordinator the action steps needed to operationalize projects and events.
* Make phone calls and/or talk with staff, as needed, to move projects along and to plan events.
* Assist with promoting projects and events by creating flyers, writing blurbs, and using social media.
* Prepare materials, such as sign-in sheets, handouts, and certificates of attendance, for special events and trainings.
* Run errands, as needed, such as refilling essential oils at MICC, picking up artwork at the framing shop, or picking up supplies at Michaels.
* Help with tracking documentation (typically in Excel) and analyzing evaluation forms.
* Other tasks as needed.
If you are interested, please click here to provide a brief statement of your qualifications and relevant background for this volunteer opportunity.
HOSPICE OF THE CHESAPEAKE -- HEALING ARTS ASSISTANT