If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you may be able to find opportunities through the Anne Arundel County Volunteer Center.
HOW TO GET STARTEDStep 1: Register
To sign up for projects or express interest to get contact information on opportunities, you must first be registered on this site.
Step 2: Notify Us
By law, you must notify any organization you wish to volunteer for that you have court-ordered community service hours to complete and provide information on the nature of your offense. Failure to notify the organization may result in an inability to verify hours completed.Step 3: Find Volunteer Opportunities
There is one way to find volunteer opportunities where court-ordered volunteers are permitted. Please note: you MUST notify each organization of your offense and the number of hours you need to complete.From the Search Opportunities Page
- Enter all required information in the "Basic Search Box"
- Be sure under "Additional Filters" you click "Appropriate For"
- Check the box for "Court Ordered Volunteers"
- Select any other filters you wish to search by
- Click "Refine"
Depending upon the type of project you select, you will be given the choice to:
- Express Interest - the community organization will contact you directly with further information about the opportunity and how to sign up. An automated e-mail will also be sent to you, with contact information for the community organization, so that you can follow up with them if you do not get a response.
- Sign Up - you will be automatically signed up for that project and will receive a confirmation e-mail containing all of the information you will need.
Whenever you attend a project, we strongly recommend that you get a community organization official to verify the hours you have served at the end of the project. It is often difficult to get verification of hours at a later date.
Please Note: The Anne Arundel County Volunteer Center is not able to verify any hours for projects that are not managed by us. If you have signed up to attend a Volunteer Center project, here is a community service log to help verify and track your hours.